I’m by no means a Twitter Maven, but after gathering 3,700 followers, I know a little. Don’t be afraid. Take a peek at D. V.’s 14 Commandments for Twitter. Please share any other rules you think appropriate.
D. V.’s Rules for Twitter.
1. No political tweets – Yes, you have a voice and should use it personally. However, you use your twitter feed for it; you must be prepared to deal with trolls and rabid tweeters from both sides of the aisle. Your tweet can get hijacked and then you lose control. I’m not a famous celebrity who can get away with it. But if you look closely, some of them aren’t doing too well either.
2. Follow people you genuinely want to see on twitter. Only a few at a time. After the first couple of followers back, try not to let the amount you are following exceed the amount following you.
3. Before you follow someone back, do a cursory scan of their most recent posts. This will tell you a lot about the person.
4. See who follows them and who they follow. Do they have tweeters in common?
5. Remember, just because you recognize the tweeters following them refer to #3.
6. Gain followers organically by playing the daily hashtag games with word prompts. A good source is @writevent though there are many others.
7. On that note, remember to FOLLOW THE RULES of the game. Some allow buy links, some don’t. Some want wips, some don’t care if it’s published. One of the biggest things I see is tweeters who post anything regardless of the word prompt or idea. Bad form.
8. Be interactive. If a post interests you, don’t hesitate to comment.
9. #writingcommunity to as many posts as appropriate.
10. Post more than ‘Buy my book’ things. Pets, food, local scenery, and funny memes are great ways to get yourself established.
11. Oh, very important use common sense. If Prince so and so, or high profile celeb follows you. The chances are super high they are not. Not saying impossible. But really? And, some people think it's a dating sight. Most of these are scammers who are trying to get something from you.
12. Consider putting a filter on. In the beginning I had to deal with a lot of T&A shots and other unmentionable body parts.
13. Block and Mute are your friends. Don't hesitate to use them.
14. Oh, I almost forgot 14th Commandment. Okay, not a commandment a please follow me. https://twitter.com/donnavstone
Thanks and see you in the Twitterverse
D. V. 🦉
Bye, bye 2019. Hello, 2020.
Happy New Year to all! I can't' believe it's 2020. Does anyone remember Y2K? What a big fuss about nada. Here we are twenty years later, alive and connected more than we probably should. I have so much and so many to be thankful for and to. This list is by no means complete but a start. Thanks to Wild Rose Press for bringing me into the garden. And it's from that Rose Garden I've met some amazing people. A special shout out to Elf my editor, Amber my second eyes. Rene the queen of commas. How about a hand for all the guests on Welcome to the Campfire. Week in and out you all amaze me. Then there are the family and friends who support and encourage. Judy, Deb, and Noemi you guys rock. My family especially my biggest cheerleader, Pete. You are the hubby extraordinaire. An not least of all my Creator and Sustainer, the Lord Jesus for all His mercies, which are new every morning.
This year has been filled with many ups and downs but mostly ups. Here are some of my personal highlights.
Let New Year 2020 be a time of peace, love
and the implementation of the most secret dreams.
Hi, my name is D. V. Stone. I am a multi-genre author of two independently published books. Felice, Shield-Mates of Dar is a fantasy romance. Agent Sam Carter and the Mystery at Branch Lake is a mid-grade paranormal. Rock House Grill, a contemporary romance has been signed with Wild Rose Press and releases April 6th, 2020. Rainbow Sprinkles a second chance romance will be released later this spring or summer.